GREENWAY’S TOP FIVE FAVORITE FLICKS OF 2017
Movies entertain us in many ways. From the hilarious comedies to the terrifying horrors, movies will never stop filling our hearts with emotion. Many Greenway students were asked which ones were the best. The results shown here are Greenway’s Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2017.
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 starts off this list. The movie deserved a sequel due to it’s amazing comedic predecessor. There were plenty of hilarious quotes and especially clever concepts, such as an army with a fleet of ships where each one is controlled by a soldier practically playing a video game. What a great sequel!
4. Wonder Woman is the next one on the list. Gal Gadot did a really great job being the new hero with the Lasso of Truth. The movie’s concept really entertains the audience in a different way apart from the fact that it takes place during the Great War. A really clever concept they added to this movie was that her residence is practically in another dimension and the people that live there have Greek Gods as their deities.
3. CARS 3 ranks third on the list. The third sequel to one of Disney Pixar’s trilogies is the best way for it to continue and bring back it’s popularity. Even though Cars 2 was a lot worse than we thought, the third story about competition and determination was a great way to bring back it’s popularity.
2. Spiderman: Homecoming and SPLIT are tied for number two. Even though the role of Spiderman is a little overplayed, Tom Holland was a great choice to play a super hero that is still in high school. With Split, M. Night Shyamalan also did a great job explaining how dangerous D.I.D. *explain what DID is* can be to someone.
1. Beauty and the Beast takes the top spot. Even though Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb and Metacritic don’t like this movie, that isn’t stopping Greenway from liking it. This is Disney’s live-action refurbishment of one of their most famous love stories. Greenway’s favorite movie of 2017 is none other than Beauty and the Beast. Be prepared for what will be in stock for 2018.